9 for 2019

Download Icon Number 9






So here is the short of it I couldn't do the 18 for 2018 so I know I won't do 19 for 2019. I am following in Elizabeth's footsteps and doing 9 this year.  I mostly took things off the 2018 list that never got done.  And the list is...

1 Shutterfly books for 2016. 2017, 2018
2 Finish Susan's afghan
3 Exercise at least 5 times a week
4 Organize Work Room
5 Work on the boys' baby books
6 Keep kitchen counter clean
7 Read 2 books out of my usual style
8 Read LESS
9 Consistent bedtime

While most of the items are self-explanatory I am sure that there are a few head-scratchers on there.  In case you are interested, I expand on why each item is on the list.

1 Shutterfly books for 2016. 2017, 2018
  • I am remiss in creating our family photo albums and this was a failure for my 18 for 2018 so as punishment I added an extra album.  I really do like doing them this way because my kids love looking at the book and I can pseudo scrapbook this way.  I love scrapbooking in theory but in practice, it is just not going to happen so this is a better alternative for me.
2 Finish Susan's afghan
  • I am bummed I didn't get this done in 2018 but alas circumstances happened so it is this year's goal. I set a goal to make an afghan for each of my nieces and nephews before they go to college and 2018 is the only year I missed, I had one done for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 and fortunately for me, she is a sophomore in HS this year so I am good.
3 Exercise at least 5 times a week
  • This is certainly a change I made based on Episode 203, I made this an action item.  I know from past experience I will lose weight (which was the original goal) if I do this.  And while I really want to lose a huge number I realize that the act of exercising is probably the healthier thing to focus on rather than a number.
4 Organize Work Room
  • This is another reject from 2018 but it has new importance since I started my own business.  I need to clean the workroom so that I can kick some of our computer systems (for Minecraft) downstairs to make a pseudo man cave.  To do that I need to move the spare fridge to make room and it needs to go to the workroom.  To make this happen I realize that this is going to be a two-fer
5 Work on the boys' baby books
  • They are not babies any longer at 6 & 8 and I have scraps of notes here and there I just need to get it done.  This is also a clutter clearing one because I plan on making a Shutterfly book for each boy with pictures of their artwork and then toss most of it, keeping only a few of the most precious items.
6 Keep kitchen counter clean
  • Another 2018 reject however I started work on this at the end of 2018 so I have momentum and just need to up my game a bit and keep at it.  This is a huge dump zone and I find it to be a real energy drainer so I want to keep it clean as an energy booster.
7 Read 2 books out of my usual style
  • This is one I did in 2018 but I liked it so much I am keeping it as a repeat.
8 Read LESS
  • I know this seems a bit odd since I just said I wanted to read 2 books out of my usual style but there is a reason.  I read a ton, my kids think my kindle is a permanent attachment to my hand.  I can cut down on what I read because honestly a lot of it is just trash and "free" books that are not that great.  I have gotten better at not finishing if it is not good, but now I am going to stop getting books that strike me as maybe I will like it.  This also helps me focus on other hobbies I enjoy like crocheting and maybe I can finish Susan's afghan (see item 2).
9 Consistent bedtime
  • I need this so badly I would often stay up to read, yeah item 8 should help with this.  I know that a consistent bedtime is good for me and with my youngest a morning person I really need to do this so I can really be with him or be productive in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when it seems that the world is on fire?

Hole in the ground tour - Arizona

Eliminating some proccessed food where to start?