Start-itist

I realized today that I am really suffering start-itist, I start a lot of things but never finish them.  When we started our sequester and I thought it was only going to be roughly 3 weeks, I had a note to reframe things to look at the things that I could do.  I could sort our plastic, I could tackle cleaning the office.

Well today I recorded a video podcast (I was the guest, woohoo!) and I realized that my office did not present a good backdrop it was a mess and the lighting wasn't fantastic for a video but perfectly fine for work.   I wanted to just hang a sheet over the bookcase and it would be a clean look and be done with it.  Mr. Padawan said nope, clean the bookcase we need to clean the office.  So I did spend the morning and moved stuff around on the bookcase and it looked good for the video.

I moved stuff down towards one end of the office, I am feeling a bit of a renewed purpose to just get it done.  I am hoping to keep making progress and finally get this done.  One of the big sources of clutter is my kids artwork, and holy cow I unearthed the stuff to make the baby books for my boys.  Most of the art work is already fading and looking worse for wear and it was just sitting on a bookshelf, I really need to take the plunge and photograph the pieces and dispose of most of them and only keep a few of them.  That was actually one of my 18 for 2018 that I never got to finish.

I also started to work on the crochet blanket that I had put away for a year, and well it is put off to the side again!  

I started re-reading Better Than Before, but umm got sidetracked again. Oopps! :)

I started sorting the plastic food storage and did one round of sort and toss but I know I could have been a bit stronger with the purge so I can do this again, I really didn't complete it.

Yesterday I started Jillian Michael's beginner shred, this is a 30 day program that I have done before, but I wanted to start again to help avoid gaining the COVID-19! :)  I am hoping that I keep it up and make it the whole 30 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when it seems that the world is on fire?

Hole in the ground tour - Arizona

Eliminating some proccessed food where to start?