Instant Pot Balsamic Pork Loin Roast

 I used to be afraid of making mistakes when I cooked, I was not confident in my skills and wanted concrete rules to follow.  If there was ambiguity I would shudder, seeing the words 'a dash' of this or that would send me into a panic.

After a lot of cooking because it is a necessity and it is cheaper and healthier than eating out all the time I am more comfortable and will take a oh what the heck attitude and just do a dash of this, or substitute that at free random.  Other times I misread the recipe and don't notice until it is too late.

One of those misreadings happened last night, I made a pork loin in my InstantPot, I was following the recipe (or so I thought) from Simply Happy Foodie for a Balsamic Pork Loin.  The recipe calls for apple cider and balsamic vinegar, that is not what I used.  I used apple cider vinegar and balsamic vinegar, double the vinegar for FUN! :)  The funny thing is that I didn't even realize that I misread it until after we had dinner and had agreed that it was good and I should make it again.

The moral of the story is this is an easy recipe, it was a good recipe all the Padawans in the family big and small enjoyed it, but don't sweat the small stuff especially the mistakes.

I paired this with Lundberg Rice & Quinoa - Rosemary Blend as a side and it was delish.  BTW I don't get any compensation for this post I just happen to like these things.  Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when it seems that the world is on fire?

Updates on my healthier swaps, and what is next

Hole in the ground tour - Arizona