Goal Post Changing

Raise you hand if you are done feeling like Charlie Brown as he plays football with Lucy (aka various government officials).

 

Yeah me too.  We are quickly closing in on one year of living in this Orwellian time of Pandemic lock down.  Remember when it was 2 weeks to flatten the curve?  And then it was just through the summer, and then  once we get a vaccine and now Dr. Fauci is saying wear masks until 2022.  I call BS.

 There has been a steady drumbeat of "follow the science" and similar slogans, which is fine if those yelling out that line actually followed science and didn't use science as a weapon of control.  While I was reasonably skeptical of many of the recommendations I was willing to go along with masks and social distancing because I understood that safety was important and we didn't know a lot about the virus.  I could live with a certain amount of so call flip flopping, provided there was data to support the change, you know science and not 'feelings'.

There is the absolute unwillingness to entertain the thoughts and challenges to the main narrative.  Science is all about challenging assumptions especially when something is new. Yet when they say lets do something different now, they are not heeded or their videos are removed.  There is no tolerance for differing ideas of how to deal with the virus and still allow for a semi normal life.

In addition to the drumbeat of "follow the science" there was a steady drip of those pious officials flouting their own rules and regulations.  Dr. Brix, Dr. Fauci, Gov. Gavin Newsom and top docs with the California Medical Association, a group of California Lawmakers, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Mayor Lori Lightfoot, Mayor Michael Hancock, Mayor Steve Adler, Mayor Muriel Bowser, Mayor Sam Liccardo, and a special mention to Gov. Andrew Cuomo since he intended to flout his own regulations until it became public and he received a lot of criticism.

And of course Dr. Fauci has lost all of my respect because he admitted to make his recommendations based on his 'gut feeling'.  It is absolutely disgraceful.

In a telephone interview the next day, Dr. Fauci acknowledged that he had slowly but deliberately been moving the goal posts. He is doing so, he said, partly based on new science, and partly on his gut feeling that the country is finally ready to hear what he really thinks.

“When polls said only about half of all Americans would take a vaccine, I was saying herd immunity would take 70 to 75 percent,” Dr. Fauci said. “Then, when newer surveys said 60 percent or more would take it, I thought, ‘I can nudge this up a bit,’ so I went to 80, 85.” Source

And of course we cannot forget the flip flopping or shall I say caving into Unions regarding keeping schools closed.

The science is clear: Kids — especially young children — can get and transmit covid-19, but they are less likely to do so than adults. Kids can die from the disease, but the risk of that happening is one in a million; they are about 10 times as likely to die by suicide. Teachers also have lower risk than other occupations and can be kept safe through adherence to universal precautions.  Source

Yet despite the science the CDC has decided that they should not follow the science and made the guidelines for full in person schooling more extreme based on input from "stakeholders".  While I sympathize with teachers to some extent, I have to say to them look at all those grocery store workers, those in the big box store employees that continue to work during these 'unprecedented times. It is time to start planning to open the schools, yes it is scary but that doesn't mean it isn't the right thing to do, follow the science and not your emotions.

And this is just a round up for the public stuff.  I am at the end of my rope with the hypocrisy posted by some that I know; I see and hear what they do on social media.  And quite frankly I don't have a problem with their trips because I know they take reasonable precautions, what I do have a problem with how quick they are to judge someone that does the same thing they do.  We are all human and we will all be hypocrites, but the vitriol and the holier than thou attitude that is emanating off some of the people in my circle is nauseating.  I see people break the rules while at the same time yelling 'Follow the rules".  This is a step to far.  

I am done, I am out.  I will take what I consider to be reasonable precautions and I am going out and about, it is time to start living life and not existing.  I am questioning so much more and have very little faith in the 'experts' at this point.  There has been too much double speak and condensation, and treating the public like we are children. The infamous 'they' have blown through their credibility and trust by trying to control us rather than present the facts, too focused on spreading mania because it sells better than the boring bland facts.

This obliger is rebelling and I although i am not a data scientist I can safely believe that I am not the only one. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when it seems that the world is on fire?

Hole in the ground tour - Arizona

Eliminating some proccessed food where to start?