What are my motivators?

I feel like this blog would be a good fit to track similar to the style of the famous blog the movie Julie & Julia was based on.  Which leads me to ask how do I keep myself motivated?  That leads me to ask what is my tendency?  I was pretty sure that I was an Obliger based on previous times I took The Four Tendencies Quiz at Gretchen Rubin's site however since I am doing this leg work to set myself up for success I figured I would take it again to confirm.

So the results are that I am still an Obliger so this is good, my memory is not failing me yet!  I would say that I also likely lean a bit towards Upholder, but I am certainly not that.  Now I know that I need to be accountable in some form to start out with, and then I need to pull in some of the information I learned in Better Than Before and mix it all up to be the solution that works for me.

I have a few things on my list to help me out:
  • Monthly book club at my local library for the Happiness Project starting in January.
  • My Scaleless app, I can set it to remind me to do things and I have to enter my data.  Bonus it can graph it for me as well as listing it because for me seeing a downward graph can be motivating.
  • Better App, I haven't downloaded this and quite frankly I am on the fence about it simply because I don't like giving permissions for apps to access data on my phone.  Weird I know it is a just an odd hang up I have and it isn't related to this app but all apps, it is shocking to some when they see how few apps I do in fact have on my phone.
  • A written journal for 16 weeks, I picked it up at CVS as an impulse buy in September 2018 and never did anything with it.  It is call the "Fitspiration Journal" and it is not dated so I can start at any time.  But I think the act of writing it down in actual physical form will help me.  
  • This blog to track my progress, ponder what is working what is not working.
I love schedules and generally I do ok with them in electronic form, however for me personally having a physical copy that I can mark up as needed, really makes it real for me.  The physical act of writing connects with me in some way.  So I will be combining the electronic and physical accountability to help me out here.

I am still trying to figure out what my posting schedule should be and what the format will be. Right now I am thinking that what would work is a two time a week posting schedule.  So for the first post I could do a quick recap of the week that just ended, and presenting my goal for the week.  The second post would be a check in post to see how the week was going.  I am not sure if this is what will hold true but it is a starting point.  And that schedule will being in January I am just trying to do some set up posts right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when it seems that the world is on fire?

Hole in the ground tour - Arizona

Eliminating some proccessed food where to start?